My decision to cotton diaper is easy for some. But if you are like me, there would be a million questions that need to be answered first!
Cloth diapering today is so different from the way how our grandmothers did it. I have talked to many women (who are moms) who remember cotton diapering as a very difficult task
Thankfully, cotton diapers online are nothing like they used to be! We have high-tech washing machines, advanced fabrics and designs, and a lot of information from the internet to help us in the task. I also know that cotton diapering is not for everyone. Well it depends on individual choices and tastes.
Why Cotton Diaper?
I have to confess that for everything I do is natural and organic, I was late getting on the cotton diapering and now I am kicking myself for it. I used to think that cotton diapering was a thing that our grandmothers did because they did not have a choice at that time, and the horror stories of hanging out diapers in the toilet and endless loads of laundry had no appeal to me.
A couple of years later, I decided to revisit the diapering subject, at the suggestion of some close friends (thanks my dearies)!
Somewhat hesitantly, I decided to try cotton diapering on my baby and quickly found that I LOVE it!
Here are my most top reasons why I made this choice? :
- There are now much better options for cotton cloth diapering than when our mothers and grandmothers were doing it.
- There are a lot of chemicals in disposable diapers. (Do You think that magic gel stuff that absorbs 100 times its weight in urine is natural?)
- Cotton diapers online save money, especially if you have more than one child.
- Cotton cloth diapering can actually be easy!
- The new cotton cloth diapers are CUTE!
- They actually leak much less than disposables. I only had a couple of leaks, ever, and no outfits ruined by my baby’s yellow poop!
- There are many brands of adjustable cotton diapers that can grow with baby from birth to potty training, so it saves space and shopping as well.
- They hold their value, so you can give them to someone else when your children are out of diapers and get much of your investment back, provided if you take good care of them.
Benefits of Cotton cloth Diapering
If you haven’t considered cotton diapers online, I’d definitely recommend looking into it! These are some of the reasons why I finally choose this:
- Reduces Exposure to Chemicals
- Saves Money
- Fewer Rashes and Leaks
- Environment friendly
Read our blog : All about Cloth Diapers